Preparation time: 25 minutes
400g brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon Maldon sea salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp best quality balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees (200 degrees fan forced).
- Toss the brussel sprouts with half the olive oil and seasoning in a bowl, until well coated.
- Place the sprouts on a baking tray lined with baking paper and place in the oven. Check after 10 minutes and turn to ensure even browning. Cook until tender and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer baked sprouts to a serving bowl. Add remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey and toss to coat evenly.
- Use the best quality balsamic vinegar you can find to really make the flavours sing
- Add some extra crunch to this dish by toasting flaked almonds in a non-stick frying pan and sprinkling over the top