Preparation time: 2 hours
1.5-2 kg beef rump roast
3 garlic cloves
Salt and pepper
Mixed dried herbs
1 large brown onion, sliced
1 cup chicken or beef stock
- Pre-heat the oven at its maximum temperature
- Prepare the beef rump roast by making 4-5 cuts and inserting salt, pepper and 1/2 of a clove of garlic into each
- Drizzle the beef with oil and then sprinkle the herbs, salt and pepper all over
- Place the meat in a deep tray in the oven and sear for 20 minutes on high heat
- Add the stock and the chopped onion into the dish and reduce the temperature to 150 C.
- Cook for another hour for medium (about 20 minutes per half a kilo), remove from the oven and rest for about 20 minutes covered in foil to keep warm before slicing and serving.
Serve with roasted sweet potatoes, potatoes,peas and gravy.