Preparation time: 1 hour
750g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp cornflour
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp salt
100g cold unsalted butter, diced – plus extra 30g for greasing
- Preheat oven to 190C and grease a medium sized pie dish with butter.
- Mix together the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and cornflour in a medium bowl and pour into the pie dish.
- Combine the brown sugar, plain flour, rolled oats, almonds, lemon zest, cinnamon and salt in a separate bowl. Rub butter into the mixture to create a crumb-like consistency. Spoon the topping on top of the blueberry mix in the pie dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the blueberry filling is bubbling through the crust.
- Remove from oven and serve.
NOTE: Cool slightly before serving as the blueberry filling will be boiling hot.
Serve with Bannister Downs Dairy award winning double cream (find it in a jar in the dairy fridge).