Preparation time: 14 hours (includes marinating time)
4 rump steaks
extra olive oil for cooking
2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup red wine
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Place the steaks in a large, clean ziplock bag. Ensure there is enough room left for the steaks to move around a little.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl then tip into the bag with the steaks and seal tightly, making sure you have squeezed out any air first.
- Rub the marinade gently into the steaks, turning and shaking the bag to ensure all the steaks are fully covered.
- Marinate the steaks in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours to overnight. Remove from fridge 1 – 1.5 hours before you are ready to cook and bring to room temperature in the bag.
- Preheat the barbecue char-grill plate to hot.
- Remove the steaks from the bag and pat dry with kitchen paper. Brush lightly with olive oil on each side.
- Place the steaks on the hot BBQ and cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side, turning only once. Test the steaks with tongs – medium done steaks should feel springy.
- Remove steaks from heat and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a caprese salad made with ripe tomatoes, bocconcini mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Pair with hand cut potato chips