This moist chocolate Greek yoghurt cake mixed in just minutes with a few simple ingredients is sure to become a firm favourite, it’s so easy and so good. It’s delicious served plain, but for a special occasion, you can dress the cake with a silky dark chocolate ganache also made with yoghurt, and fresh summer berries. You may want to double the recipe for larger birthday cakes – it’s sure to become a favourite.
Preparation time: 1 hour
1 cup sugar
1 cup plain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 heaped tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup full fat Greek yoghurt
200g dark chocolate
3/4 cup full fat Greek yoghurt, at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line and grease a small (20cm square or 23cm round) cake tin.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add all ingredients at once. Mix on low speed until just combined.
- Bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes. Test that a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For ganache, break dark chocolate into small squares and melt over a double saucepan. Gently stir yoghurt into melted chocolate until no white streaks appear, taking care not to overwork the mix.
- Place cake onto a serving plate and pour ganache over the top. Decorate with fresh berries and mint leaves.