We’ll all be saying ‘cheese’ (or is that ‘formaggio’?) at Farmer Jack’s Gwelup for our cutting of the cheese event.
Join our Professional Cheese Cutter on the 24th June at 10.30am as he hand cuts this 51kg Auricchio Provolone Piccante cheese. There will be tastings and demos from 10am, so why not make a morning of it?
Fun facts about Auricchio Provolone Piccante
- Auricchio has been hand forming cheeses in Italy since 1877. Not much has changed over the last 140 years, with the skill of shaping the cheeses by hand passed from generation to generation
- The Provolone Piccante is produced from cow’s milk in the Po Valley (Lombardy), with the highest degree of quality control from farm to plate
- Expert artisans carefully shape each cheese form, ensuring that the curd has no holes or folds, which can trap air bubbles that could affect the cheese
- When formed, the cheese is dunked in ice water to ‘block’ its shape, then placed in vats of salted brine vats to age for a minimum of 6 months
- Provolone Piccante has an extra sharp taste which makes it delicious for snacking, but can it also be shredded, breaded, baked or fried
- Auricchio Provolone Piccante is Italy’s no. 1 cheese
Cutting of the Cheese Event
Where: Farmer Jack’s Gwelup, Corner North Beach Road and Wishart Street
When: Saturday 24th June, 2017
Time: 10am for tastings and demos, cutting of the cheese 10.30am
Can’t get enough?
Love the taste of our traditionally-made and cut Auricchio Provolone Piccante? If you want to take your own home to enjoy, it will be on sale at Farmer Jack’s for $24.99kg, while stocks last.