Prep and cook time: 1 hour
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 thick Amelia Park lamb chops, each 175-200 g approx.
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
small bunch chives, to garnish
flaked sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water for 10-12 minutes until tender to the point of a knife. Drain well and set aside.
- Preheat the grill or a barbecue to hot. Rub the lamb chops with 2 tbsp olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly charred all over. If using a meat thermometer, the lamb should register at least 71°C | 160F for medium. Remove to platter and cover loosely with aluminium foil. Leave to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the sweet potatoes with the remaining oil and season generously. Grill for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly coloured all over.
- When ready to serve, arrange the lamb chops on a platter and serve with the sweet potatoes, chives, and a sprinkle of flaked sea salt.
image © Robbert Koene / StockFood Australia