Preparation time: 10 hours (includes marinating time)
8 lamb rib chops
1/3 cup olive oil
4 sprigs thyme
2 heads plus 2 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons rosemary leaves, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 420g can cannellini beans
Juice of half a lemon
Pinch of salt
- Combine 1/4 cup of olive oil with 1 clove of crushed garlic, thyme, rosemary and 1/4 teaspoon cumin. Add the lamb chops and turn to coat with the marinade. Marinate overnight, removing from fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Slice the two remaining heads of garlic in half and place them cut side up on foil and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Wrap the garlic in the foil and roast for 45 minutes, until tender.
- Remove the chops from the marinade; discard the thyme and scrape off the minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over moderate heat. Cook lamb ribs for 4 minutes on each side, until lightly charred. Remove from heat and rest, covered in foil, for 5 minutes.
- To make the white bean puree, drain the cannellini beans and place in food processor with 1 clove of garlic, pinch of salt, lemon juice and remaining olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Serve the lamb chops on top of puree with half a head of roasted garlic per serve, and a side of green salad.