Are you completely uninspired by the thought of throwing together yet another garden salad? Change things up with this summery Mango, Avocado, Grape and Rocket Salad with a sweet orange vinaigrette. The smooth, dense flesh of the mango and avocado sit together perfectly with peppery rocket. A scattering of sweet red grapes provides visual contrast and a little added burst of sweetness. It’s a winning, easy salad that sits proudly on any dinner table.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
2 mangoes, sliced lengthways
2 avocados, sliced lengthways
½ cup seedless red grapes, halved
150g rocket leaves, washed
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Juice of half an orange
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp honey
Flaked salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- In a large serving bowl, combine mango and avocado slices, rocket leaves and grapes and toss.
- In a separate jug, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients vigourously and season to taste.
- Pour dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
- Add half a finely sliced red onion to the salad to make it a little spicier.
- Serve with grilled chicken or fish.