Serves: 4 as light meal
Preparation time: 50 mins
250g button, cup or flat mushrooms
2 tsp olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
½ – 1 tsp taco seasoning (according to taste)
250g chicken mince
300g jar Mexican tomato salsa
230g bag Mission brand tortilla strips
1 cup grated tasty cheese
Mashed avocado, sour cream, chopped pickled jalapeno & chopped coriander leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced
- Finely chop mushrooms by hand, or alternatively, pulse in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and taco seasoning, cook until softened.
- Increase heat to high and add mushrooms and chicken mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 8-10 minutes until browned. Add tomato salsa and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, a simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange tortilla strips over base of tray. Sprinkle three-quarters of the grated cheese over tortilla strips. Top with mince mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and tortilla strips heated through.
- Top with mashed avocado, sour cream, chopped pickled jalapeno & chopped fresh coriander leaves to serve.