Prep and cook time: 30 min
300 g dried penne
1 head broccoli, broken into florets
300 g mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp chopped thyme
4 – 5 tbsp pesto
freshly ground black pepper
50 g | 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until ‘al dente’.
- Steam the broccoli florets until just tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms and garlic for 5-7 minutes, until the mushrooms are almost tender. Stir in the thyme.
- Tip the drained penne into a bowl and stir the pesto into the penne until well coated. Stir in the broccoli, mushrooms and garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve onto warmed serving plates. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve immediately.
- Replace the mushrooms with cooked asparagus, green beans or cooked chicken.
- This meal is not suitable for freezing.
Image © Alison Miksch / StockFood Australia