If you love cheese, you’re going to really love this pizza! Featuring not one, but four, delicious cheeses melted over a oven-baked crust, this recipe is the epitome of Italian cuisine – a simple idea, beautifully executed. This recipe feeds four, but feel free to double or triple it to serve a crowd.
Preparation: 1 hour
1 tsp dried yeast
Pinch caster sugar
3/4 cup lukewarm water
1 1/2cups plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
150g pizza sauce
50g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or chopped
50g provolone piccante, cut into small cubes
50g fresh Parmesan, grated
2 tsp dried oregano leaves to garnish
- Combine the yeast, sugar and water in a bowl. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes or until bubbles appear.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture and stir until it comes together.
- Knead dough lightly, transfer to a clean, oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 20–30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Punch down the dough to remove air bubbles then roll out a 20cm (8in) circle on a board lightly dusted with flour or fine semolina, and place on a baking sheet.
- Place all the cheeses in a large mixing bowl and lightly toss to mix them up.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the base and sprinkle the cheeses over the sauce, distributing the topping evenly.
- Sprinkle the oregano over the top and bake for 12 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately.