Prep and cook time: 1 hour and 20 min
80g butter, melted
6 large Royal Blue potatoes, peeled and sliced paper-thin
150 ml (⅔ cup) vegetable stock
Rosemary sprigs, to garnish
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan forced)
- Brush a large ovenproof frying pan with some of the melted butter.
- Layer the potato slices in the frying pan, brushing in between each layer with melted butter and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Once you finish layering the gratin, pour over the stock. Brush the top with remaining butter and add more season.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the gratin is golden-brown at the edges and on top.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand briefly before cutting into wedges.
- Serve with a garnish of rosemary sprigs.
Image © Joyce Oudkerk-Pool / StockFood Australia