Catering for a crowd? Try these fresh and easy-to-prepare Smoked Salmon Asparagus Goat’s Cheese Roll ups. Crunchy asparagus spears and creamy goat’s cheese are paired with savoury smoked salmon for a delicious starter or canape for your next gathering.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
24 asparagus spears
24 slices smoked salmon
250g Goat’s Cheese
1tbsp sour cream (optional)
2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
Cracked black pepper, to taste
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
2 lemons, cut into wedges
Extra virgin olive oil
- Clean asparagus and snap off the woody ends at the bottom joint. Lay the spears in a single layer in a heatproof dish and pour boiling water over to cover by 1cm. Leave for 15 minutes, then drain and rinse in ice water. Dry on a clean teatowel.
- Blend Goat’s Cheese, lemon zest, dill and pepper together until smooth. Add the sour cream if the mixture is too crumbly to spread easily.
- Gently spread each slice of smoked salmon with the cheese mix.
- Place an asparagus spear on the edge of each slice of salmon and roll up.
- Arrange on a serving plate and drizzle lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with pepper and scatter lemon wedges around.
Recipe allows for 2 roll ups per person as a starter. Serve smoked salmon rollups individually as a substantial canape.