Succulent baby spinach-stuffed chicken breast with lemon potatoes and oregano seasoning bring a Greek flair to an easy family meal.
Preparation time: 1 hr 30 minutes
6 Royal Blue potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 lemon cut into 6 wedges
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper to season
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
4 chicken breasts
2 tbsp olive oil
100g baby spinach leaves
1 small brown onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, finely diced
¼ cup Danish feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180C. Toss potatoes in olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and seasoning until coated. Arrange lemon wedges among potatoes in roasting pan and cook for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the diced onion for 4 minutes, then add garlic and spinach leaves and sauté for a further 4-6 minutes until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place spinach mixture in a sieve and squeeze out excess liquid. Transfer to a small bowl and mix in feta. You may need to chop the spinach roughly to mix consistently.
- Insert a sharp knife into the middle of each chicken breast from end to end and slide from side to side to form a central pocket about 3/4 the width of the breast. Divide the spinach mixture among the chicken breasts and spoon into the pocket. Set aside until 15 minutes before the potatoes are due to finish roasting.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve sliced chicken breast and lemon potatoes with a tossed green salad.