Chicken drumsticks make a finger-lickin’ good meal – and they even come with their own handle! Chicken meat on the bone is regarded as tastier and more flavoursome than other cuts, such as breast, and don’t dry out when baking because of their higher fat content. Try this easy sticky sesame chicken drumstick recipe for a simple but satisfying weeknight meal. The salty soy, sweet honey, aromatic sesame and garlic combine perfectly to create a meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Preparation: 50 minutes
1kg chicken drumsticks
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Pat drumsticks dry with paper towel.
- In large bowl, whisk together the honey, sesame oil, soy sauce and garlic. Toss the drumsticks in the sauce to coat and arrange on baking sheet.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, turning once. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top of the chicken and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through (juices should run clear).
- Serve with steamed jasmine rice and salad, or stir fried bok choy, with an optional side of sweet chilli sauce.