Thai beef salad is so quick and easy to prepare, it’s amazing how tasty and satisfying it is. The combination of sweet, salty and hot ingredients with fresh, healthy herb and salad leaves creates the perfect combination to please your taste buds. This dish benefits from the best quality beef you can get – we suggest tender beef fillet as the perfect cut for the salad.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
600g beef fillet
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
2 fresh red chillies, seeds removed and thinly sliced
1 punnet gourmet cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp brown sugar
4 tbsp roasted crushed peanuts
- Place the soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar in a clean glass jar. Close the lid and shake vigorously for 1-2 minutes to combine.
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ on high heat for 5-10 minutes until hot. Brush the beef with vegetable oil and char-grill for 3 – 4 minutes on each side. Remove to a wooden board, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes before slicing finely with a very sharp knife.
- Place the onion, chilli, tomatoes, cucumber, salad and herb leaves in a large bowl and toss lightly.
- Add the sliced beef and dressing to the salad and toss well.
- Divide into four bowls and top with crushed peanuts to serve.
- For a more substantial meal, serve Thai beef salad on a bed of rice vermicelli noodles.