Cheesy, carb-y, creamy goodness! This creamy mushroom pasta recipe is an easy weeknight meal that’s ready in just 20 minutes! It’s the ultimate vegetarian comfort food. Perfect for date night or Meatless Monday.
• 4 cups of pasta
• Salt (for pasta water)
• 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1/2 Brown Onion, finely diced
• 4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
• 12 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
• 200g Baby Spinach
• 1 cup Heavy / Cooking Cream
• 1/2 Parmesan Cheese, finely grated (plus more to serve)
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
1. Cook pasta to packet instructions. When the pasta is almost ready, begin the next steps.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat, then sauté onion and mushrooms until cooked. Next, add garlic and sauté until it’s lightly brown.
3. Lower the heat, then add ¼ cup of pasta water, the cream and parmesan to the frying pan. Stir to dissolve parmesan and simmer for a few minutes, stirring regularly.
4. Add cooked pasta and the spinach to the frying pan and toss for a few minutes until the sauce thickens and clings to the pasta and the spinach is wilted.
5. Serve immediately with extra parmesan on top.