These delicious and super easy stuffed tomatoes are made with fresh vine ripened tomatoes, creamy feta, and bacon. It’s perfect as a starter, side dish or snack and will have everyone asking for seconds.
- • 1 clove garlic, crushed.
• 2 tbs parsley, roughly chopped.
• 6 truss tomatoes.
• ½ cup green onions, chopped
• 6 slices bacon finely diced.
• 4 tbs olive.
• 250g breadcrumbs.
• 170g feta, crumbed.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- Preheat oven to 180°c
- Wash tomatoes and cut the tops of the tomatoes. Using a spoon, scoop out flesh and seeds. Finely chop pulp and place 1/3 cup of it in a medium bowl. Discard the rest.
- Heat 3 tbs of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until golden. Stir in parsley. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir mixture into a bowl with the tomato pulp and crumbled feta. Then spoon an equal amount into each hollowed out tomato. Place stuffed tomatoes into prepared baking dish
- Place on a baking tray and drizzle with remaining oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until tomatoes are soft. Serve.