Whisk away the weekend with this tatsy dessert!
This mouth-watering Chocolate Coconut Slice is made from 2 layers of chocolate and desiccated coconut. The chocolate base is baked to a deliciously soft and chewy layer, while the simple chocolate icing on top melts in your mouth. This recipe is so tasty you won’t be able to stop at 1 slice… or even 5!
- 150g butter (melted), 40g (for icing)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of plain flour
- 1/3 cup of self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup of coco powder, 1/3 cup (for icing)
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut, 1/3 cup (sprinkle on top)
- 1 handful of choc chips
- 2 cups of icing sugar
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ fan forced. Line your pan with baking paper.
- Melt 150g of butter and place into a mixing bowl. Add 1 cup of brown sugar, mix till well combined.
- Make sure your butter has cooled down before adding the egg and vanilla extract, then mix
- Now add both flours, coco powder and desiccated coconut, stir till well combined
- Add choc chips and stir once more
- Now spread the mixture into your prepared pan and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- To make the icing: place 40g of butter into a bowl and give a quick mix then add icing sugar and coco powder. While mixing these ingredients together slowly add boiling water and continue to stir until you have a smooth texture.
- Spread the icing on top of the cooled down slice, sprinkle desiccated coconut. Cut up and serve