Balsamic glazed chicken piled on top of fresh greens, crispy bacon, creamy feta, and toasted walnuts; this salad epitomizes summer cooking. Its fresh, healthy, and requires hardly any cooking! Best part is the chicken marinade doubles down as the final salad dressing!
- 200g mixed baby greens
- ¼ cup cooked bacon (roughly chopped)
- 1 punnet Grape tomatoes (halved)
- ½ red onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ capsicum (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup toasted walnut pieces
- 60g Feta cheese
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Ground Mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Combine balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, salt & pepper, and slowly add olive oil while whisking vigorously.
- Set half of the dressing aside and use half to marinate the chicken (30 min – 1 hour).
- Bake or pan fry the bacon and set aside to cool before chopping.
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, toast the walnuts until they begin to smell fragrant (1-2 minutes) while stirring frequently.
- Grill, roast, or pan fry the marinated chicken breasts until they reach an internal temperature of 74°c, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- While the chicken cooks, prep the vegetables and assemble atop the mixed greens in four individual serving bowls.
- Top with the sliced cooked chicken breast, crumbled bacon, toasted walnuts, and feta cheese. Serve with the remaining dressing.