This classic take on roast lamb is going to take your next Sunday roast to a whole new level! Its ultra easy and fused with mass flavours of rosemary and garlic, that the whole family will love.
- Lamb leg, boned and rolled.
- Spring of rosemary
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 3tbls extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1 hours
- Preheat oven to 200°c
- Slice the garlic gloves into 10-20 slices.
- With small sharp knife stab the lamb about as deep as the slices of garlic are long, remove the knife & use it to push into the stab a sprig of rosemary and a sliver of garlic, repeat this over the top of the lamb 10-20 times.
- Place in a roasting dish & squeeze lemon the juice of half a lemon over, sprinkle with salt & pepper, drizzle over olive oil and rub in. Optional; surround with an assortment of root vegetables.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes, then turn down to 180°c and cook for about 1 hour or until your required degree of doneness.
- Remove from oven and rest the meat for 10 minutes before carving.