This salmon recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners. The salmon is served in a creamy herbed sauce alongside fresh asparagus.
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 640 grams Tasmanian salmon portions, skin on
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/2 cup light thickened cream, for cooking
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 2 tbs drained capers, roughly chopped 2
- 1/2 punnet chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 punnet dill, sprigs picked, finely chopped
- 200g asparagus, chopped (to serve)
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
1. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook salmon, skin-sides down, for 6 minutes. Turnover. Cook for 4 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 2 minutes.
2. Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring until softened. Add stock and cream, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
3. Meaning while bring a pot of salted water to a boil then add chopped asparagus and cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
4. Stir capers, chives, dill and lemon juice into sauce. Season. Return salmon to pan and spoon over a little sauce. Serve with asparagus.